Friday, April 10, 2009

Only the beginning

I think that I can be a lifelong learner, I am going to ALA this summer and I will be taking a class or two in Early Childhood Education. After I received my B.S. in Human Services and couldn't find a full time job I went to community college and obtained the credits needed to teach preschool in California. After that I was thinking about becoming a librarian but I wasn't positive so I took classes at S.F. city college for Library Tech. A couple of semesters went by and I knew that I wanted to be a librarian, I completed my MLIS in December 2007 at Wayne State University.

I am starting a lapsit storytime here at Franklin on a trial basis during the summer, which will definitely be a learning experience. I hope to learn from other librarians in the system who already have one going. I think there will be a learning curve, I find it embarrassing at times to act silly or pretend a doll is my own baby for this kind of thing. Only time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. You are on my blogroll! I'm curious, did you or did you not type in your blog address in the settings -> site feed -> post feed redirect URL box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw a toddler-time program with a puppet and realizd I'd be expected to do the same thing, I was dismayed. But I believe we each have to find our own style - mine doesn't include props (except maybe a guitar or flannelboard.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I scared kids when I did story time. Not on purpose, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toddler Time is the best! It's the perfect excuse to serve animal crackers and listen to Motown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate using a doll - and I'm not much for puppets either - we all have to find our own thing, so don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete